Hansen Green/LEED Statement
Recycled Content Our products are made from aluminum extrusions and stainless steel containing 25-35% recycled content.
Recyclability Aluminum and stainless steel are among the most recycled materials within the building industry. Aluminum and stainless steel is 100% recyclable with no loss in quality, and can be recycled at numerous reclamation stations all over the world.
Prefabrication Considerations Our systems are prefabricated to the greatest extent possible, minimizing onsite waste and improving the overall environmental performance of our product. Gases and liquids from production are captured and reused and any scrap is recycled.
Hansen Products are Low Maintenance Aluminum and stainless steel products are virtually maintenance free, and can be wiped clean of dirt and stains without the need for bleach, solvents, varnishes or any other harsh chemicals which have a negative environmental impact.
Longevity of Hansen Products Due to their inherent durability and corrosion resistant qualities, aluminum and stainless steel has a much longer life span than other materials, thereby requiring less maintenance and reducing replacement costs in the future. This increases the projects overall efficiency by extending the life cycle of a key architectural feature.
Hansen Solar Control Systems Hansen produces a series of products that serve to directly reduce the thermal effects of solar radiation. Our trellis systems, sunshades, and louver panels all positively impact the efficiency of building projects.
LEED Compliance Based on an analysis of the Project, on a job to job basis, Hansen products may contribute to the acquisition of a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating. Credits that Hansen products apply to include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
• Energy and Atmosphere Credit EA 1 Optimize Energy Performance.
• Materials and Resources Credit MR 3.1 or Credit MR 3.2 Salvaged, Refurbished, or Reused Materials.
• Materials and Resources Credit MR 4.1 or Credit MR 4.2 Recycled Content Materials.
• Materials and Resources Credit MR 5.1 or Credit MR 5.2 Regional Materials.
• Indoor Environmental Quality Credit EQ 4.1 or Credit EQ 4.2 Low Emitting Materials.
• Indoor Environmental Quality Credit EQ 7.1 Thermal Comfort Design.